<< Click to Display Table of Contents >>
Navigation: Default Tools > Pages Tools >
The OCR Pages tool performs optical character recognition on documents and saves changes as a new file. OCR analyzes content, recognizes text and then makes it selectable and searchable.
This tool uses five actions from the Actions Library. The sequence of these actions in the Tool Actions Sequence determines the order in which they are performed:
1. Ask for Source Files - the tool prompts for documents. See here for action parameters.
2. OCR Pages - optical character recognition is performed on the documents. See here for action parameters.
3. Change Document Properties (skipped by default) - the document properties are changed. See here for action parameters.
4. Save Documents - the new documents are saved. See here for action parameters.
5. Show Files - the new documents are displayed. See here for action parameters.
The Clone Tool feature can be used to clone this tool and add/remove actions from the Tool Actions Sequence.