<< Click to Display Table of Contents >>
Navigation: Tabs Guide > View > Toolbars > Form Toolbar >
Add List Boxes to Documents
List boxes enable users to select one or more options from a fixed list of options:
Figure 1. Example List Box
The functionality of PDF-XChange Editor enables a wide range of dynamic customization for list boxes, as detailed below. Click the dropdowns for further information:
1. Click Edit Form, then click the List Box icon in the Form Toolbar (these locations are highlighted in the image below). A blue rectangle will be displayed at the location of the pointer. This rectangle represents the list box:
Figure 2. Active List Box Tool
2. Move the rectangle to the desired location and then click to add the list box to the document. (Use the editing aids detailed here to assist in the precise placement of list boxes). Added list boxes appear as detailed below:
Figure 3. Added List Boxes
•Click and drag the yellow control points to resize list boxes.
•Use the options in the Properties Toolbar to determine the style and appearance of list boxes:
•Fill Color determines the color used to fill list boxes.
•Stroke Color determines the border color of list boxes.
•Border Style determines the style of list box borders.
•Border Width determines the width of list box borders.
•Text Color determines the color of the text in list boxes.
•Font determines the font used in list boxes.
•Properties launches the List Box Properties pane, which enables the customization of additional elements of list boxes.
Follow the steps below to add/edit list box items:
1. Click Edit Form, then right-click the list box and click Properties:
Figure 7. Selected List Box
The List Box Properties pane will open.
2. Scroll down to the List Box Items property and click <Empty>:
Figure 8. List Box Properties Pane, List Box Items Property
The List Box pane will open. This pane is used to add/edit list box items.
3. Click Add New to add new entries to the list box:
Figure 9. List Box Items Pane
•Click Delete Item to delete the selected item from the list box.
•Click the Up and Down buttons to move selected items up or down in the list. The order of items in the pane represents the order to items in the list box.
•Enter values in the Export Value column to determine the value given for exported list box items. Note that values must be first selected in the List Box Items pane and then clicked in order to edit the name.
•Click to select Display Value names, and then click them again in order to edit the name.
•Select the check box of the item to be used as the default selection in the list box. This item will be selected when the list box is in its default state.
4. Click outside the List Box Items pane to complete the process, then use the Hand Tool to select list box items:
Figure 10. Completed List Box