The Build Table of Contents tool uses bookmarks to create a table of contents for input documents:
Figure 1. Build Table of Contents Tool Actions Sequence
The Build Table of Contents tool uses five tool actions:
1. Choose Input Files - the tool prompts for source documents.
2. Build Table of Contents - a table of contents is created from document bookmarks.
3. Change Document Properties (skipped by default) - the document properties are changed.
4. Save Documents - the updated documents are saved.
5. Show Files - the new documents are displayed in their destination folder.
Click actions to view customizable parameters. Additionally, please note that the Clone Tool feature can be used to clone this tool and then add/remove actions from the Tool Actions Sequence.
Information about the Batch Processing Mode, Do Not Ask for Passwords and Multi-Threaded Processing check boxes is available here.